Bronson Jones & Company LLP has 13 offices in the Lower Mainland serving communities including Vancouver, Abbotsford, Burnaby, New Westminster, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Langley, Maple Ridge, and Surrey. We have earned the status of being one of British Columbia’s largest personal injury law firms (based on the number of injured people that we represent) and we have extensively represented victims who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents.
Established in 1986, our firm has represented injured victims and victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents including cars, trucks, buses, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, hit and run accidents and pedestrian accidents. Our focus on helping injured victims to get proper compensation for their injuries means that we have the experience and resources to handle your case whether your injury is serious or minor.
While we never represent ICBC (or any other insurance company), some of our lawyers have past experience as ICBC defense lawyers. Firsthand knowledge of ICBC practice and procedure means that we can anticipate how ICBC will treat your case. This helps us to develop an appropriate strategy in the prosecution of your case.
We regularly deal with Part 7 Accident Benefits claims, and we know the personal injury court process. Our extensive experience in motor vehicle injury claims also means that you get help from lawyers and paralegals who have:
Handled cases similar to yours;
Extensive experience dealing with ICBC and insurance companies;
Medical-legal knowledge to assess the value of your claim in light of your injuries, prognosis, functional impairment and rehabilitation needs;
Extensive experience with negotiating and mediating fair settlements; and
Trial experience if going to court is in your best interest.
In addition to motor vehicle and other injury cases, the lawyers at Bronson Jones & Company LLP provide legal services in the areas of family law, estate litigation, employment law, and general civil litigation.
What Sets Us Apart?
Our firm has the knowledge and financial resources to manage your personal injury case to its proper conclusion. Medical, psychological and/or vocational rehabilitation assessments can be costly and not every law firm will be willing or able to fund the cost until a final settlement is reached, which could be years away from the date of injury.
There is no pressure to retain us and doing so does not necessarily mean that you will be going to trial. Our lawyers will prepare a case as if it could go to trial, but the vast majority of claims are settled out of court. We have extensive experience in personal injury claims and can advise you when a settlement offer is reasonable.
10 Reasons to Hire Bronson Jones & Company LLP Injury Lawyers in Vancouver
1. You will be dealing with a law firm that has earned the status of being one of British Columbia’s largest personal injury law firms with extensive experience representing people who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents.
2. We are a plaintiff ONLY law firm and we never represent ICBC. We know the challenges that you will face in the short and long term, and we know how to help you to manage these challenges. Your injury lawyer in Vancouver is here to support and guide you.
3. You will receive a free initial consultation where you can discuss your case. We will explain your options, so you can decide how best to protect your legal interests.
4. If we take your personal injury case, you are not required to pay a retainer (upfront money). We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t pay our legal fees until your case is concluded, and our fees are based on a percentage of the amount recovered.
5. We prepare all cases as if they are going to trial, so if trial becomes necessary, we will be ready.
6. We have assembled an enormous network of medical and other professionals who we can retain to assist in making your case as strong as possible.
7. Our office can handle the expenses involved in starting and running a personal injury lawsuit (called disbursements). Typically, this includes necessary expenses like filing court documents, hiring expert witnesses, or conducting vehicle searches, etc. We can cover the cost of these items for you and wait to collect them from the settlement/court awarded funds. The BC Supreme Court Rules allow for the recovery of most (but not all) disbursements from ICBC as part of the settlement of a personal injury claim. Should you have any questions, your lawyer will be pleased to provide further information about disbursements. Wherever possible, we will seek to recover disbursements from ICBC (or other insurer) as part of the resolution to your case. In cases where this is not possible, the remainder is deducted from the settlement monies we obtain for you.
8. We have considerable experience dealing with the diagnosis, treatment and future prognosis for all kinds of injuries. Knowledge of the various aspects of each type of injury is essential to bring your case to a successful conclusion.
9. Our injury lawyers in Vancouver are frequently called upon to utilize the evidence of medical, rehabilitation, engineering and accounting experts to advance a client's case. We have developed a wide network of professional resources.
10. We stay in touch. You will have the benefit of a team of lawyers and paralegals who work on your case. You will be assigned a paralegal who will be available to answer your questions that do not require legal advice, when your lawyer is not available due to court or discovery obligations.
New Practice Areas
Bronson Jones & Company LLP is pleased to announce that we are expanding our legal services to include virtually all types of litigation-based disputes. New practice areas include:
1. Family law
Child custody and access
Child support and spousal maintenance
Property disputes between common-law spouses
2. Non-MVA injury claims
Slip and falls
Trip and falls
Dog and other animal bites
3. Employment law
Human rights complaints
Commercial business disputes
4. Probate & Estate Litigation
Claims against trustees
Disinherited children & spouses
5. General civil litigation
On personal injury cases, we can offer:
A free initial consultation, and
No upfront retainer fee
At the consultation, we will discuss how we collect fees, on a contingency basis. Lawyers who work on a contingency basis only get paid legal fees if compensation is obtained for you, and those fees are derived as a percentage of your compensation.
The contingency fee agreement will outline how we will help you and what we expect in return. You will be provided with a copy of this contract so there is no confusion.
Our office can handle the expenses (known as disbursements) involved with respect to starting and running a personal injury lawsuit. Typically disbursements include the applicable necessary expenses such as:
Filing court documents
Hiring expert witnesses
Obtaining medical records, ambulance and police reports
Conducting vehicle searches
Faxes, photocopies and postage
We can carry the cost of these items for you and wait to collect them from the settlement or court-awarded funds. The BC Supreme Court Rules permit the recovery of most (but not all) disbursements from ICBC as part of the settlement of a personal injury claim. Disbursements that ICBC are not required to reimburse will simply be deducted from the settlement monies that we attain for you.
If you have questions about disbursements, please ask your lawyer and he or she will be pleased to answer them.
We handle all types of injuries, including: